Kaya Jam Recipe
Kaya jam was made from the egg yolk and coconut milk, it's not only famous in Indonesia, but also in the South East Asia countries like Malaysia and Singapore.
The complete recipe of Kaya Jam is on Below:
4 egg yolks
150 g granulated sugar
200 ml thick coconut milk
½ tsp vanilla
2 pandan leaves
How to make:
1. Heat up the coconut milk, granulated sugar and pandan leaves using a low heat until it boil.
2. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks. Add a bit of coconut milk mixture.
3. Mix it, then add all of the mixture to the coconut milk mixture. Mix well.
4. Cook the mixture over the low heat, stir it slowly so the coconut milk won't be cracky
5. Cook for ±10-15 minutes until it thickened and smooth.
6. Put the jam into the jar and place it in a refrigerator so it last longer.
7. Kaya Jam is ready yo serve.