- Masak Tv Team
Perape Cake Recipe
Don't be surprised to hear the name of this cake! The shape is like a bitter melon, but it tastes sweet!
Traditional snacks from Banjarmasin, South Kalimantan use sticky rice flour as a skin ingredient and filled with Unti made from grated coconut cooked with palm sugar.
A complete recipe for how to make Perape Cake can be seen below:
250 gr of glutinous rice flour
1 tbsp white lime water
50 ml of pandanus water (30 pieces of pandanus puree with 50 ml of water)
175 ml thick coconut milk green colouring, adjust it
¼ tsp salt
Banana leaves cut into squares
50 ml of water
75 gr palm sugar, sliced thinly
15 gr of sugar 100 gr of grated coconut 1 sheet of pandan leaves
¼ tsp salt
How to make:
1. For Skin: mix sticky rice flour, white lime water, and salt. Add the coconut milk mixture, suji leaf water and colouring. Knead until smooth.
2. For filling: Boil water, palm sugar and granulated sugar. Add grated coconut, pandan leaves and salt. Stir until done. Lift and set aside.
3. Take the skin mixture 1 tablespoon, flatter. Add fillings, shape an oval. Make strokes with a fork to form like bitter melon.
4. Boil the spread until boiling.
5. Brush the top of the cake with coconut milk. Put on banana leaves. Steam for 10 minutes until it's done.
6. Serve on serving dishes.